Between 1954 and 1972, Stroud operated 24 Bristol LSs, each with ECW bodies. Of these, two were coaches and six, dual purpose vehicles. The remainder were 45 seat service buses. They began to replace the lower capacity half-cab Ls at Stroud at the time. The LSes’ underfloor engines meant that approximately ten extra passengers could be accommodated. Because the passenger entrance was directly opposite the driver, they were progressively converted for one man operation from 1957.
With a similar front end to the LS coaches seen at Stroud, six-cylinder Gardner engined Royal Blue LS no. 2200 awaits its departure from Minchinhampton to Stroud on the April 2003 Running Day